Key insights on growing your brand at the Bottom of the Pyramid
Doing business with low income consumers presents enormous challenges. Many companies underestimate the innovation and insight required to operate successfully in this market. In order to succeed it’s not only crucial to understand the unique needs, challenges, and aspirations of these consumers, but companies must also customize their existing business models, products, distribution, and processes.
Here is an opportunity for YOU to get the latest research, innovative insights, and practical information needed to develop and grow your brand at the Bottom of the Pyramid (BoP).
PRE-CONFERENCE WORKSHOP (14 April 2015)
Wendy Cochrane, Founder, Big Mama’s Famous Truth Shop
Big Mama recently launched a collaborative market research series to help brands wanting to grow more sustainably and ethically in Africa. Using a blend of innovative research methodologies, Big Mama’s ‘truths’ help us to understand the changing values in society and explain the clashes in our parliament, streets, and shop shelves. She also spots ‘hero’ brands that we can learn from in today’s changing marketplace.
In this session, Wendy will present extracts from the first report, ‘Episode 1: South Africa’ to stimulate thinking for brands looking for growth at the Base of the Pyramid.
- Brief introduction to the African Odyssey mission & research methodology
- Insights and storytelling – different themes identified in the study, brought to life with video clips and examples
- Heroes at the Base of the Pyramid – brands, people, and projects that we can draw inspiration from
CONFERENCE (15-16 April 2015)
If you could ‘win by giving’ or ‘win by taking’, what would you do?
Kanchana Moodliar, Business Humaniser & Director, Innate Motion Do Africa
We believe that those who will thrive are the ones who dare to care for others. The same is true for brands: those who really care for the people they serve will be the ones creating value: for themselves, for the people they serve, and for society as a whole. In this inspiring session, Kanchana will challenge your thinking and share innovative tools and strategies on how brands can build meaningful connections with low income consumers by creating value and by putting them in a position of contribution rather than just in a position of need.
She will take you through the following:
- How brands can win by giving – strategies and tools to execute in your business
- Humanize for growth – insights on how to create more human relevance
- How does ‘generosity pay’?
- Inspiring case studies and examples of success
- Challenging thoughts and some practical tools to take back to your company